Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Copying an eclipse project

I needed to copy an eclipse project (a web app). The copy and paste command in the project explorer worked well, but when I went to run the original project I ran into a problem, because both the old and new projects were being deployed to the server (JBoss). I found I needed to edit the following file in the copied project:

I had to change the references from the old to the new project name.

I also had to relearn how to search from the windows shell. The handiest command is findstr. All I ever want to do is search recursively for a string like "blah":
C:\EclipseProj>dir /s /b *.* | findstr /f:/ "blah"

No comments: